Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trail Running Again

I went out to Forbidden Drive again. That's becoming a place that I really like to run. I ran for 35 minutes. It was freezing cold and very windy by my apartment, but comfortable out there.

This time, I ran north on Forbidden Drive. I ran to just past Bells Mill Road. Most of the route was flat, compared with the southern portion of the drive. There are still a few challenging hills though.

What made it very interesting was running through all the mud and puddles. It rained yesterday, but it was still wet. Apparently that area doesn't drain well at all. I was surprised that it was in that condition. I navigated around most of it, but a few times my shoes got wet.

I definitely need to get some trail running shoes. That'll protect my feet from water and mud. It will also give me some protection when I'm running over rocks. Eventually, I'll have to pick up a cheap pair.

I ran pretty hard, especially on the way back. I saw a couple people ahead of me and I passed them. I pushed hard to stay in front of them. I finished up with a pair of striders too.

It was fun running through the slop and I definitely need to get out and do more of that. I need to try running some of the trails around there too. Those are very hilly and will be a huge test.

My right hip has been sore the last couple days. It was very sore during work after my run. Tomorrow, I'll take it easy. I'm going to run a flat route with some hill sprints afterwards.

35 minutes (~4.5 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment