Monday, December 14, 2009

Sore Hip

Today was an easy 4 mile run. I went out and back on Kelly Drive from Lloyd Hall. It's nice and flat. I followed that up with a pair of sprints on Lemon Hill.

The temperature was great for this recovery run. It was 39 degrees with no wind. I wore shorts, a light long sleeve shirt and light gloves. I was even a bit hot actually.

The run itself went pretty well, but my left IT band acted up a little bit again. I was pushing a little hard to get past some people. The IT band became a minor problem around mile 2.5. It bothered me slightly throughout the rest of the run.

After 8 hours on my feet, my right hip was sore again. I wonder when I'll finally get used to being on my feet. Maybe it was because I still have to break in the new shoes. I actually ran in my old shoes today and that might've been part of the IT band problem.

Tomorrow will most likely be a 10 mile bike ride. It's that or rest. I don't work until 2 PM, so I'll probably just bike beforehand.

4 miles - 30:51 (7:43 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment