Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting Windy

Today was an easy five mile run. I went one mile out on Kelly Drive and turned around and ran the Schuykill Banks loop. I really like this route.

The first mile was brutal due to the wind. The temperature was 40 degrees, but it was 31 degrees with the wind chill. Fighting the wind, I started off slowly. I consistently improved with every mile. The Garmin was a big part of me doing just that.

After the first mile, the next 2.5 miles were wind free. That was a big plus and I got into a groove. I actually was too hot and put my headband away. I really fought some wind during the final uphill portion. My legs were feeling a little dead, but I continued to battle.

I dressed with just a ColdGear top and shorts. It was actually the right outfit. It was a little troublesome with the wind, but very comfortable when going the other way.

After the run, I ran three steep 8 second hill sprints. I used a path near some rocks at the back of the Art Museum. It is steep there anywhere else that I've used hills. It still didn't seem difficult though.

Tomorrow will be a difficult hilly run on Forbidden Drive. I don't work until 2, so I can head out there. It'll be great to have GPS out there, because I never know how far I'm going. I might use the heart rate monitor too. I also can't wait to use my trail shoes. It'll be a fun day.

5 miles - 38:19 (7:40 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment