Thursday, December 3, 2009

IT Band Back Again

Today was an easy run. I ran a mile out and back on Kelly Drive and then added in the Schuykill Banks loop. The run was 4 miles total. I struggled through it.

I stretched and warmed up. I felt pretty good with the slow paced first mile. My IT band began bothering me a little after that though. I had to walk downhill as I went to the Schuykill Banks. I stopped and stretched my leg.

I was determined to finish though. I was able to run until the turnaround. I struggled towards the end and stretched shortly after turning for home. I walked for a bit more.

I then got back to running again. I was able to run until the final uphill stretch. I walked part of it and finished with a run.

Whenever I picked up the pace, I felt much better. I really struggle when running at slow paces. I know no how to control the IT band problem a little better than in the past. Hopefully, the additional stretching I'm doing will help me through it again this time. I had not been stretching the left IT band and that's been the one that's bothered me this time. Usually it was the right one.

I'm going to run 2 short hill sprints on Lemon Hill tomorrow morning before work. I'm hoping to run 12 miles on Saturday. We'll see how the legs hold up after another day of work.

I think the extra time on my feet at work has been the problem. Hopefully, I'll adapt to it. I need to get stronger, but it's hard. Every time I do hills to get stronger, I have problems.

I've been studying up on shoes for work and I'm starting to learn more about them. I'm eager to become more knowledgeable. I'm thinking about getting a new pair of shoes myself.

4 miles - 36:30 (9:08 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment