Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hilly Forbidden Drive

This morning, I headed to Forbidden Drive to run. I haven't worked out there since the summer. I really should've went out there more during my marathon training. I just hated looking for parking before I got a permit.

It was a great workout. The area is quite hilly and that made things very challenging. The start was actually all uphill and I didn't warmup beforehand. That ended up giving me some bad IT Band problems.

I got settled in after a slow start. The IT Band issue went away and I picked up the pace. I heard someone coming up behind me. I picked the pace up even more. It was actually an older guy that I passed early on. He was friendly when he passed me. Both of us ran very up and down the hills until we hit Lincoln Drive.

He stopped there to stretch. I kept going at a slow pace. I was very worn out from the hard workout. After a few more hills slowed me down, my IT Band bothered me again. It got pretty bad, so I stopped on a hill. The guy caught up to me and chatted a little and thanked me for a hard run.

After a few minutes of walking, I found a steep hill. I was only 1:15 from running for 40 minutes. I decided to go hard up the hill for 1:15. That was helpful, but my soreness still continued.

I'm not sure why I'm so sore. Obviously, I'm still weak on hills. I need to get better on those, but it's tough when this problem is arising. I'm sure being on my feet all day at work is a huge issue too. I have to be smart with it. I need to stretch more frequently.

Tomorrow will be an easy 4 mile run. I'm going to make sure it's flat again. I'll probably run the Schuykill Banks, plus a mile add on. That should be a decent workout. I'm off again tomorrow, so I'll have all day to recover.

~ 5 miles (40:00)

No comments:

Post a Comment