Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Run/Walk

I was planning on an 8 mile run today. The IT band continues to bother me and I was only able to make it through 6 miles, even after some walking. I did run the first 4 miles at least.

I felt pretty good and went out hard. I cruised through the first two miles in just over 15 minutes. I was strong. I saw a girl up ahead and worked hard to catch and pass her. After about 2.5 miles, the IT band began giving me minor problems.

I thought about stopping, but managed to force myself to keep running to Falls Bridge. I made it a bit farther as well. Just after mile 4, I walked for 2.5 minutes. That helped and I ran for another mile after that, before I had to stop again. After walking for a second time, I battled to the 6 mile point. I then walked all the way home.

Being on my feet at work as been part of the problem with my IT band. I probably did too much too soon after the marathon too. I will try to back off a little.

My shoes have 400 miles on them, so that could be a culprit too. I plan on getting a new pair. I get 40% off of my first pair at City Sports. I'm going to check out a couple on Monday. Without trying any on, I'm leaning towards the Asics Gel GT 2150 or Brooks Adrenaline 10. Hopefully, they'll help my IT band issue.

I wore Under Armour ColdGear today. That worked really well. The temperature was in the 30s and it was cloudy. I wore gloves and shorts and was actually a bit hot during the run. It is amazing how much you warm up during runs. It'll probably be awhile until I have wear a jacket.

I bought a bunch of half price Under Armour stuff thanks to my training for City Sports. They called me yesterday and said I wasn't needed. I worked on studying shoes more. I will be in all 5 days this week. That should be interesting. It'll be good to get hours.

I may bike for awhile tomorrow. I need to reorganize my training plan and go a little easier this coming week. I have to back off and make sure this IT band doesn't become a bigger issue. I'm going to stretch and strengthen my hips too.

6 miles - 54:50 (9:08 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment