Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Trot

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. So far, I'm recovering pretty well from the marathon. I was quite sore on Monday and definitely the day off. I couldn't walk down stairs until yesterday. The only thing that is sore right now is my left foot.

I started work on Tuesday. Luckily, I was only there for three hours because business was slow. That allowed my aching body to rest. I worked six hours yesterday and I'm not getting more used to being on my feet all day. I have off today and work again tomorrow.

Thus far, work has been good. I'm just starting to learn the ropes. I've mostly been working at the fitting room and have done a lot of folding. I'm getting a feel for where the products are. I still have a lot to learn. It's a great staff and I look forward to my time there.

Since I couldn't run today, I decided to volunteer for a 5K in Nazareth. I wound up working right at the finish line. My job was the make sure that when people finished, they stayed in order. It became a real mess though as the finish chute backed onto the course. I had to actually stop people short of the finish line, so their times weren't accurate. Sometimes I was successful, other times I wasn't. It really bothered me that people were screwed like that. It was great to volunteer though and talk to some people. I need to do that more often.

After the race, I couldn't resist the urge to run. I decided that rather than run a couple miles, I'd just do a few hill sprints. Those are meant to strengthen your legs and hips and prevent injury. I'm going to do them twice a week after easy runs. They are only supposed to be 8 seconds long, but I ended up running them for 20 seconds. Next week, I'll do two of them. Since my first one was so slow today, I ran three of them.

I'll be off from running until Tuesday. I'm dieing by not running. I need to get back on the pavement. I started putting together my spring training schedule already. I want to build up mileage for a couple weeks first. Then, I'll go into the full program. I think I'm going to run the Minneapolis Marathon in June. That'll give me time to get to where I want to go. I'm so hungry right now and can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment