Monday, November 2, 2009

Too Windy to Ride

Today, I wrote on my bike for almost 45 minutes. I didn't get a chance to ride on Sunday because of the Eagles game, so I switched it up until today. I rode along West River Drive to the Strawberry Mansion Bridge and back.

It was 51 degrees and windy. I really don't know how people can cycle in the winter. It's not even that cold yet, but today was brutal. My ears and face were very uncomfortable.

I actually overdressed on the rest of my clothes. I wore a long sleeve shirt under my jacket and a pair of long pants too. I was sweating a lot by the end of the ride.

I was actually impressed that I even rode for as long as I did. I didn't pedal hard at all. I just cruised along. Cycling has been a good recovery, but I'm glad it's over. I don't know if it was the ice bath or what, but I recovered much better from the 20 mile run than I anticipated.

I am now in the taper phase of my training. It'll feel great to cut back before the marathon. I still have some relatively long runs. Tomorrow, will be a 5 miler. The mid week run is still 8 miles and this weekend's long run is 12 miles. I'm going to work on fine tuning my speed and keeping my workouts crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment