Saturday, November 14, 2009

Final Saturday Run

Today was my final Saturday run. I was in Connecticut so I had to make due with where I was. I managed to create a nice loop route that was 4.3 miles. I ran it twice for a little more than the planned 8 miles.

I didn't get to warm up, so I ran very slow to start. I coasted through most of the first loop. The layout was great. It was about 3 segments of 1.5 to 2.5 miles. There were rolling hills, which made it a little tough.

The nice thing is that there was a good shoulder to run on throughout most of the route. It was paved like the rest of the road and relatively flat. Early on, my IT band started bothering me along with my hip. It cleared up after a bit though.

The first loop was nice and I commented how great it was running without it raining. Of course during the second loop, it started to rain. I had to avoid puddles as well as cars then.

I had to stop at the end of the first loop and use my hotel bathroom. I actually had to stop running for a couple tenths of a mile before going. I pushed a little during the second loop, but it still wasn't too hard.

It feels great to have all easy runs left. I can't wait until next week. I didn't stretch as much as I would've liked after the run and it caused me to be sore during my 5 hour drive home from a football game.

I had an interview at City Sports yesterday. It went great. I had a lot of energy, asked questions and was quite talkative. I really think I'd like the job. They have a running club and I could run with them too.

8.6 miles - 1:11:04 (8:16 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment