Saturday, November 7, 2009

Done With Double Digits

Today was my final double digit mileage run until the marathon. The next longest one will be 8 miles, next weekend. I actually ran at 7:30 at night in 45 degree weather.

I'm back at my parent house and planned on running to my high school and back in the morning. It was freezing cold then (28 degrees), so I decided it would be better to run at night. I ran all throughout the neighborhoods in the township.

It was really nice running in the calm and quiet. It was a little chilly, but not too bad. I ran with a long sleeve shirt and shorts, but it was tough weather to gauge. It was sort of in between short and long sleeve shirt weather. I'm actually glad I ran in a long sleeve shirt though.

Because I was running at night, I had to stay alert. It wasn't too bad though. I probably only saw 10-15 cars in the entire time that I was running. The hardest part was actually avoiding all the roadside leaf piles. I managed to navigate around them successfully.

I ran nice and relaxed the whole time. I just enjoyed myself. I ran at a decent pace, but didn't push too much. I didn't even check my watch until 55 minutes into the run (when I ate a gel). I just focused on the next part of my route.

There were a lot of hills and I was actually surprised that they didn't bother me more. My foot felt sore early and my legs followed at the end of the run. Overall, the legs weren't too bad though. The run wasn't as hard as I thought it was.

Tomorrow will be an hour bike ride back in Philadelphia. It'll be another easy and relaxing week coming up. I will push hard again on Wednesday. The marathon is only two weeks away. It's really hard to believe.

12 miles - 1:43:05 (8:35 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment