Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cruising Along

After pushing hard yesterday, I ran a very easy three miles today. I went out and back along West River Drive. It was probably the easiest run that I've done during this training segment.

I got up pretty early today for the first time awhile. I didn't head out the door until about 8:30 AM, but I was up at 7 AM. I need to get back into a rhythm of waking early.

Once again, the weather sucked outside. It was windy with cold rain. That's always tough running over the bridge over the river. I cruised along though and just tried to relax. I didn't think of much of anything and wasn't as focused as usual. It's the type of run that is nice to have every once in awhile.

Even during the second half of the run, I continued to take it slow. I'll tune up a little faster on Saturday and next week. Right now, I'm enjoying the taper. I'm really looking forward to marathon day. I can't believe how quickly it is approaching. I only have 4 days of running and 1 day of cross training before the marathon itself.

I got a phone call today for a job interview at City Sports. I'm headed there tomorrow morning. I'm actually more excited for this interview than I ever was for engineering jobs and this one won't even pay much. I'm just so excited to find other ways to get more involved in running. It would be nice to get some discounted winter gear too.

Saturday, I'm heading to Massachusetts for a Lafayette football game. I have to come up with an 8 mile more run in the hotel area. That'll be the final long run of the program.

3 miles - 27:08 (9:03 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment