Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fresh Legs

For a change I had fresh legs on a Tuesday. They weren't dead. I ran the three mile Schuykill River loop. It was nice weather and I felt very good.

I started off at a decent pace. I increased the pace a little more early on in the run. It was ideal running weather and I felt pretty good. Someone who was running really hard passed me. I elected not to battle with him. I wish people that passed me there would actually turn around and finish the loop, but they never do. Knowing that there are people running faster than me, will continue to motivate me.

That said, I passed a ton of people too. After hitting the halfway point in 11:22, I really picked it up in the 2nd half of the run. I still wasn't going all out. It was hard, but still a bit comfortable. I'd love to be able to end the marathon at that pace.

It's actually become a little difficult to get out the door during this taper period. I don't have much of a problem getting out for long runs, but short ones just seem so useless. I do understand that they are important. It's just difficult.

The biggest news of today is that I got hired at City Sports. I'm really excited to start the new job and especially one that is related to running. It should help me make new contacts and learn more about the gear.

I'm definitely ready to get the marathon going. I plan on going out at a very comfortable and relaxing first half. If I'm close to Boston qualifying pace, I'm going to pick it up a little then. If I'm not, then I'll take it easy until about mile 18. It looks like the weather will be pretty nice and I'll be able to wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I'm eager to get going.

Tomorrow will be a four mile run. I plan to run it extremely hard before taking it easy on Thursday's two miler. It is hard to believe that there are only two training runs left. Time has flown by pretty quickly, even though it was a lot of training runs ago.

3 miles - 22:33 (7:31 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment