Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flying

I was a bit worried about my sore left foot yesterday. It felt great today though and I had no problems. I went out and ran a very fast mid week 8 mile run. I did the loop, starting on West River Drive.

As usual, I took it slow early on and got into a groove. Yesterday, there was a lot of wind. Today, was very nice. It was nearly perfect. It was a little cool and some slight wind, but overall very comfortable.

My quads were still very sore. My calves were pretty sore, but the rest of my body felt pretty good. It's odd how I was sore at the slow pace, but once I picked it up, I felt good.

I started to pick up the pace as I got to the Montgomery Drive. I focused on running at a nice pace until the Strawberry Mansion Bridge. That continued to Falls Bridge as well. On the way back, I continued to push hard and focus on running until specific points.

I though at some point, I'd slip up and start to wear down. It never happened though, as I got closer and closer to Lloyd Hall. Some leaves were a little slippery, but other than that, there were few issues. I was flying. I kept talking to myself to keep myself mentally strong and that was a big help.

This run was very rewarding and I haven't felt better in a long time. Hopefully, my sore legs will improve as I continue to taper. I want them to start feeling very sharp. I feel excellent mentally right now and want the same to happen physically too.

After the hard run today, tomorrow will be an easy 4 miler. I'd like to run it in the morning this time, but we'll see how I feel then. I'd imagine that I'd be quite sore.

8 miles - 1:01:21 (7:40 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment