Thursday, November 19, 2009

Last Training Run

This morning was my final training run before the marathon. I ran an easy two miles in the neighborhood across from my parents house. It was cloudy and a bit cold.

I was at a comfortable and relaxed pace throughout the run. I didn't take the time to stretch before or after and I probably should have.

I wore a long sleeve shirt and the medium weight gloves. It was too hot for those. I'm definitely going with short sleeves. I'm still unsure whether to go lightweight or medium weight gloves though. I really dislike the lightweight ones, but the medium weight ones are kind of hot.

Shortly after my run, I drove back home. I went through Main Street Manayunk on the way back, so that I could drive along the course. I've ran there a few times, so I already have a good feel for the course. They already had the mile markers painted on the road.

They were still setting up along the parkway. I actually think I saw the race director. I thought that the start and finish areas would be setup, but that wasn't the case. Hopefully they'll have them up tomorrow. I want to grab a couple pictures. I'd like to drive some of the course that I've never ran on. Hopefully I find time tomorrow.

I'm sure keeping busy right now. Today, I filled out my working papers at City Sports. Tomorrow, I go in for a couple hours to go over checklists of either apparel, shoes or equipment. I start work on Tuesday. I'm working the afternoons and evenings on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. There's going to be a lot of new stuff to learn. I'm eager though.

2 miles - 16:56 (8:28 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment