Monday, May 4, 2009

Another Rainy Day

I didn't get a chance to get out and run or bike over the weekend at the auto race. I did probably end up walking about 7 or 8 miles all over the track on Saturday and did a few miles of walking on Friday and Sunday too.

I got out and ran in the pouring rain this afternoon. For whatever reason, I've always loved running in the rain and had some of my best races and runs in that weather. Oddly, it's the most comfortable I am when running.

That was really the case early on. I felt good and it was the first time since I've got back into running that I actually felt like a runner. My muscle were tight, but I felt very strong.

I was actually hoping to run out the grandstands and back, but didn't even make it to the grandstands. I could've pushed a little further, but my knee was bothering me a little and I was tiring. I need to find more realistic distances to run now as I start out. I could've pushed myself another mile or so, but not the 2 or more that I needed. Right now, I'd rather be safe than sorry though.

Because I ran out fairly far and stopped, I had to walk back a couple miles in the cold rain. I ended up getting soaked and wish that I had run for a few more minutes before quitting.

I need to work in more running now and less biking. I'm going to try some running on a track tomorrow and see if I can do 3.5 to 4 miles there. Hopefully I'll add a 3rd run this week, possibly on Thursday. I really can't wait to get through this next month or so. This is going to be the hardest part until I really start training for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment