Saturday, May 16, 2009

Drafting

Today was a simple 12 mile bike ride after running yesterday. It went pretty well, particularly the start and end. I started out strong and felt very good. I had to weave my way through some of the regatta, but it wasn't too bad. I was able to get on the road then since it was closed. I actually drafted off a golf cart for about a mile. That was a big help.

On the way back, I hit some strong head winds and really struggled. I dropped down to a slower gear and that didn't help much. Once I went back to a faster gear, I was able to finish pretty strong. The faster gear isn't as hard to pedal as I thought it would be. I got a good steady motion going then. I really need to work on staying in faster gear. Of course a couple guys still blew by me.

The weather was nearly perfect. It was partly cloudy and 80 degrees. That wind can sure be a problem though. It really beats you down.

I'm really so hungry right now. I need to take tomorrow off and rest, but I want to run badly. I don't know if I've ever been this into running. Maybe it's because it used to come so easily to me and now I've made it hard by putting on weight and being dormant. I can't wait to get back on top or near the top anyways.

The remainder the week will likely involve a lot of running in Indianapolis. I might head home on Monday night and if that's the case, I'll likely do a track workout on Tuesday. Wednesday will be our travel day so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to run then.

No comments:

Post a Comment