Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back on the Bike

Today was an easy ride of about 7 miles on the bike. It felt weird because I hadn't been on it in over a week. I thought the weather was perfect when I first got on, but it actually turned out to be quite windy. The wind wasn't strong enough to have a big impact on my ride though. It just made me a little uncomfortable.

I rode to Strawberry Mansion Avenue and back. This is where I hope to do a long run tomorrow. The ride was easy and I didn't tire myself out. At the same time, I still did sweat quite a bit and got a decent workout.

One of the nice things is that the weather hasn't been outstanding in Philly yet. It was only the low 70s today. That's great because when it gets too warm, boathouse row is really crowded. I was able to cruise through that area at full speed today.

The other good thing thus far is that I haven't skipped any workouts due to laziness. That was always a past problem that I had. Weather and other factors have caused me to change my mind on a couple occasions and give myself more rest, but I haven't done it simply because I was lazy and didn't feel like heading out. Those skipped runs are really what held me back in the past when I did run. I always had unused potential because of those days.

As I said, tomorrow is a long run, followed by two rest days. Next week will include a speedwork session. Hopefully, two weeks will be a road race.

No comments:

Post a Comment