Monday, May 18, 2009

Windy

Today was really a waste. It was unseasonably cold and the weather just destroyed me. I went for a walk earlier and thought that sweat pants and a long sleeve T-shirt would be enough. They weren't though.

It wouldn't have been too bad of a day if I chose to run. Instead, I elected to bike and the wind was just brutal. I had a head wind on the way out and it was really bothering me. Since I was heading to my parents house afterward and wanted to beat some traffic, I just decided to cut it short.

I ended up riding at most 3 miles. I went out to the Girard Avenue Bridge and back. By the time I turned around, I was breaking into a slight sweat anyways. The wind was much better on the way back, but at that time I had already committed to turning around.

It was good to get at least some minor exercising done. Tomorrow will be a track workout back near my parents house and the remainder of the week will be some other runs. It'll be a good test. On a positive note, I confirmed that I have lost at least 5, possibly 6 pounds since starting to workout about 3 week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment