Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Disappointing Day

Today was a disappointing workout to say the least. The plan was to do an easy two miles around the neighborhood after a tough track day yesterday. I don't even think I made it to the 3/4 mile mark before my knee was acting up. I guess I should've just taken the day off.

I probably would've taken off if I felt sore while walking around the house in the morning. I felt good though. The soreness didn't take affect until I started running. I knew early on it would be difficult because my legs didn't feel like they had much in them.

The neighborhood roads haven't been paved in years and that made for a rough surface. What really messed with me though was the circle at the end of the block. I ran it in the same direction as I ran around the track yesterday and that really bothered my knee. After that, I made it a little farther, but elected to stop before a hill.

It was disappointing, but I'm also glad I didn't push it. Hopefully I saved enough to run tomorrow and Friday. It would be good to get on the bike, but I'm not taking one with me to Indianapolis. I think I might try to run in the opposite direction out there, if I elect to run around the speedway. It should be a great weekend of auto racing and maybe I can get some good runs in.

No comments:

Post a Comment