Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Track Workout

I headed up to Temple today to use their track. I thought I'd get in a ladders workout. The plan was to start with 200 meters, then 400, then 800, then another 800, another 400, and finally another 200. I didn't get there until 2:30 in the afternoon though.

I managed to get in a warm up lap and a 200 and 400. Then I was told the track was closing for Temple's practice. I squeezed out another hard 400 meter lap. It's actually probably a good thing the workout was cut short. The few runs I did really wore me out and I was sore.

I always forget how hard track workouts are until I get back into them. It's just tough for a distance runner to run fast and hard for short bursts. The first 200 seemed quick, but the two 400s were just brutal.

I've been working on some stretches to try to help out my knee. It sounds like I have Iliotibial Band Syndrome. Hopefully some good stretching and not pushing too much will help me overcome it if that's indeed what it is.

Tomorrow, my parents are coming for the Phillies game in the afternoon. I need to get up early and ride the bike. I probably won't do anything more than 10 miles. Hopefully I can do a fairly long run on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment