Thursday, February 4, 2010

Never Quite as Easy

Today's run was an easy 4 miler. I started out near my apartment and ran to Lloyd Hall. I then added on the Schuykill Banks loop to complete the run. I took it easy, but the run itself wasn't exactly easy.

Mentally, I find slowing down on runs to be very difficult. Even mile that goes by seems like two. When I'm running fast, I'm focused and times seems to fly by. Nevertheless, this run wasn't too difficult on the body. My IT band didn't bother me, although my hip is sore.

My hip was sore before and after the run. I thought it was odd that my IT band was a problem, but I had been experiencing no soreness in the hip. That changed during my 6 hour shift today though.

In addition to a sore hip, my left calf is very sore now as well. I think it must've been compensating for my weak right side and thus working overtime. It is extremely tight. My left foot has bothered me as well.

I felt terrible before this run, but managed to make it through. All day, I thought I was getting sick. I seemed to feel better after I ate at work. I felt terrible when I got home. I started off my evening run with a headache. That quickly went away as I got started though. I wanted to run in the morning, but couldn't fall asleep early enough last night. I also still felt quite sore this morning.

Trying to figure out when to run tomorrow will be tough. I'd love to get it in before work (1 PM), but that might be difficult after giving my legs such little rest. Tomorrow is a 9 mile progression run with the final 15 minutes at a moderate pace. A huge snowstorm is going to start around 5 PM tomorrow, so I'd be running the beginning of it if I wait until after work. I wouldn't mind that for a 4, 5 or 6 mile run, but 9 miles in snow could be tough. It could make for a fun adventure. Either way, I will attempt to get the run in.

4 miles - 33:20 (8:20 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment