Saturday, February 13, 2010

50 Miles

Today was my final run of the week. It was a bit of a bumpy ride with all the snow, but I survived. In the process, I completed my first 50 mile week ever. It was just an easy 5 miler today.

I started off at Lloyd Hall and went out on Kelly Drive a mile and back. Early on, the wind was just brutal. The temperature was right around the freezing mark, but the wind made it worst in one direction. I went out at a nice comfortable pace.

It was a much more pleasant run than last night. There really weren't very many ice spots thankfully. After the out and back, I ran the Schuykill Banks loop. There was some snow on there, but for the most part it was pretty clear. I haven't been able to run as fast as I could've today in quite awhile. I did back off though a didn't push it.

The final mile against the wind was quite tough. It made me work much harder than I would've liked. I did push it a little in that mile and finished strong. One thing I wish I'd be able to do is get more hill work. I finished uphill today, but the snow is limiting my ability take on other hills.

I didn't have a lot of energy on this run. I ate a light lunch and didn't really drink and fluids. That made me feel a bit sluggish. I made it through the run though.

My legs didn't feel too bad. I've worn my Vibram a lot since I bought them yesterday. I don't imagine they are already helping that much, but who knows. I guess we'll really find out tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it is going to be a long run. I'll be going out for a 15 miler. I'll have to make due with what paths I can. We'll see where I can run. It would be nice if it isn't as windy as today's run was.

5 miles - 39:01 (7:48 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment