Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Battle

Back to back 10 mile runs certainly took their toll on my legs. Early on in this easy 6 miler, they felt dead. Between miles three and four, my IT band started acting up.

It was the same old thing with the wind blowing in my face at the start. I ran out along Kelly to the Columbia Bridge. I battled the wind and then was comfortable on the way back. After that loop, I hit the halfway point and added the Schuykill Banks loop.

The Banks loop was a real struggle with my legs so dead. Every half mile felt like a mile. I just kept battling though. If this wasn't such a short run, I might not have survived. I did run in the morning, after an afternoon run the day before. I probably should've allowed for more recovery.

Even after the run, I got out and completed my hill sprints. I successful ran 10 of them without any problem. That was a surprise. I ran on less of an incline than usual though. My steeper route still hasn't been plowed.

I just have a tough progression run tomorrow to complete the week. I'm heading to my parents this evening for a few days. I'm really looking forward to the change of running scenery. Even though it'll be hilly and tomorrow's 10 miles will be tough, it will still be nice.

6 miles - 49:08 (8:11 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment