Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shortie to Finish the Week

This was the last day of the two weeks I gave myself to just run whatever I felt like doing.  I didn't get up for the BCR run.  Instead, I ran on my own around noon.  I figured it would just be short.

I've been loving my trail running lately, but today, I had to get back onto some pavement.  I planned to run a loop on the Ironton Rail Trail.  That is only 5.29 miles.  It was good enough though.  I considered a track workout later, but I was tired and the body wasn't feeling it.

The weather was great, as it has been all summer.  Of course, I was still a little hot and went shirtless.  I can't complain about this late morning run though.

I started at Saylor Park and ran counterclockwise.  I wanted to get the hill out of the way early.  That was nice and even the sun on that hill wasn't too bad.  Going downhill after that was great.  Mile 1 was an 8:20.

This run was very uneventful.  I was running easy and just cruising along comfortably.  Mile 2 was a 7:45.  I was surprised that more people weren't out running, walking and biking.  I saw quite a few people, but no more than usual.  Mile 3 was run at 7:30.

Even running the open section toward the end wasn't bad.  It wasn't too hot.  Mile 4 was a 7:33.  The overall pace was getting faster and faster.  Mile 5 was run at 7:24.  I finished the run with some slight uphill.

The overall pace was a 7:40.  It was nice and quick and an easy run.  I didn't feel as sharp as I would've liked, but it was still enjoyable. 

I guess I need to pick things up a little now.  I want to at least get back to running 60+ miles per week.  Tomorrow, I was thinking of running with Mertz, Phil and their group.  However, Megan asked me to run later.  I may do that instead.  Either way, I'll do like 15 miles.

5.29 miles - 40:36 (7:40 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment