Sunday, August 17, 2014

Post Eastern States Run

I was so busy running around during the 36 hours that the Eastern States 100 was going on.  I didn't even get a chance to run during the event.  It is a shame, because I would've liked to have tackled more of the tough trails around the course.  I guess I'll be back there.

We didn't get home until 9 PM Sunday night.  I needed a run, so I grabbed the headlamp and vest and ran around my neighborhoods.  The plan was to just get something done, so I went for 5 miles.

The weather was super cool all weekend and more of the same tonight.  It was so relaxing.  I did sweat with a shirt on, but it wasn't too noticeable.

I just went out and relaxed and had fun.  I rarely even bothered glancing and my watch.  I was just in thought a lot.  I thought about the crazy ultra this weekend.  I know eventually, I want to tackle a 100 miler and maybe even this one.  However, those goals are way down the road.  I want to be better trained, so that I suffer less.

I did the loop that I used to do in high school.  Then, I added on the 1 mile loop in the other neighborhood to climb.  I realized how much stronger I'm getting when I was done with the climb and had been thinking so much that I didn't even notice it.

It was great to be halfway done and then beyond that.  The legs were a little sore, but not too bad.  I'm pretty sure that I need new shoes.

This run was so peaceful and relaxing.  Only a few cars passed by.  It wasn't long and I was back to Newburg Road.  There was a car coming, so I went back in the neighborhood briefly.  I then finished up and had a short walk back.

It was good to get something in at least.  I have a 50K to train for at some point and I want to do well in it.  Therefore, I need to start going longer on trails and hitting the hills.  I'm thinking I may try to do 2 loops at Trexler tomorrow.  That is depending on how hot it is then.

5 miles - 41:43 (8:21 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment