Thursday, August 21, 2014

Muggy Jacobsburg Run

Although the temperatures sure weren't high today, the humidity sure was.  I ran at Jacbosburg and was completely drenched in less than an hour.  I can't wait for the end of summer.

I didn't have a lot of time, so I headed to Jacobsburg around lunch time.  I would've preferred 7 miles or more, but again I didn't have that kind of availability.  I had to do what I could.

It was wet there when I arrived and super humid as I ran.  The first mile felt kind of comfortable, but after that it was awful.  I was going to run the regular loop, but then decided to go to the Sober's Run area and stay there.

First, I went to the singletrack along the water.  I passed a couple near the bridge on the way out.  I then came across a park ranger trimming brush.  I was happy to see them doing work.  It wasn't long and I was back to where I parked and near mile 2.  It was a slow go with the humidity. 

I went up to do the normal loop next.  The powerline climb was quite the struggle, but knowing the route did help me get through it.  I was wearing compression socks and I think they helped my sore legs. 

After the climb, I enjoyed the downhill.  I knew the rest of my planned run would be easy.  It was almost all downhill or flat.  The pace got quicker as I went on.

It wasn't long and I was in the final stretch.  I was back on to the fun singletrack again.  This time, I started closer to the bridge before heading back.  The humidity did slow me, as I neared the end.  I was glad to be done in these miserable conditions.

I'm happy that the run is over.  It was good to get something done.  It wasn't pretty, but at least it was a trail run.

I'm not quite sure of the plan for tomorrow.  I might try to run double digits.  I also may head to the track and combine that with another shorter run.  We'll see how it plays out.  The weather may be a big factor in that decision too.

5.10 miles - 45:29 (8:55 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment