Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Old Bike

Well today was an interesting ride as I took out the mountain bike that I used to ride as a teenager. My new bike has a flat and was taken back home. I did 40 minutes of riding along Kelly Drive.

I thought my dad had raised the seat before giving it too me. He didn't though and the seat was too low and uncomfortable. I managed to get through it, but it does make me appreciate my current bike.

I got on course late because I was really tired and sore after yesterday's hard run. Eventually I made it out of bed and started riding around 10 AM. Luckily, it wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze much like yesterday.

Early on, my leg was a little sore. Once I got into a groove and steady pace, the problem went away. I didn't push too hard, but I still received a decent workout. Changing gears with that bike is tough. It doesn't catch very well, so I just tried to stick to one gear.

The seat was very uncomfortable as well. I ended riding to about where Route 1 runs overhead. On the way back, I was significantly slower than when going out, so I stopped riding at the beginning of boathouse row. I was so uncomfortable that I decided to walk most of the way home. It was a decent workout, but far from ideal. I definitely have to adjust the seat for my next ride.

Tomorrow will be a short 2 mile run. I'll probably run the Schuykill Banks loop. I was planning on some camping at races this week, but it looks like a lot of ran again. I might have to skip out on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment