Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not Slowing Down

I'm just a few days away from running the 5-K and I really should be taking it easy. I wanted to do so today, but ended up working harder than expected. I didn't push myself really hard, but I worked to increase my stride and than ended up wearing me down. I did work on taking my breathing too.

Early on, I was following a women and going slow downhill. When it changed to a flatter elevation, she slowed down even more. I wanted to follow her, but just had to pass her.

I ended up increasing my stride. That might've been fine later in the second half of the run, but I shouldn't have done it that early. It really wore me down. Luckily I only ran from the Art Museum to the train bridge just past Girard Avenue. On the way back, I actually stopped at Lloyd Hall. I elected to skip the hill to the museum. I had swallowed a bug just before that too and it was really bothering me.

Even though I went too hard and wore myself out, I still should be fine for the race. I'm taking off Thursday and Friday from running before Saturday's race. I felt good early on today and should be well rested come Saturday. My biggest concern is if the weather is hot. Hopefully the heat will come later in the day if it does arrive. I'm also eager to find out the course. I might go on Friday evening to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment