Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Consistent Ride

Today's workout consisted of a 10 mile bike ride. It went pretty well and I kept up a very consistent pace. I haven't been on the bike all week so I didn't know how I'd fair.

The weather was perfect, not too hot or too cold. I'm now getting to the point where I rarely have to change gears. I did so only briefly on this day and even rode up the pretty steep hill towards Falls Bridge in the same gear as the rest of the ride. I shouldn't have to change gears often on my route because it's relatively flat.

Riding is always tricky because you don't feel as worn down as you actually are. I felt comfortable all ride, but was pretty sweaty when I was done with the workout. I definitely put forth some effort today.

The one thing that does concern me though is whether I'm riding correctly. I feel like I should be working harder and breathing heavier like I do when I run. Maybe that's just not the case. My legs get sore so I really can't push the pace anymore than I already do. I'm also not getting passed as often as before, but I still have the occasional rider really blowing by me. Is it really that much related to their conditioning or equipment or am I not doing things correctly? I have to start doing some reading up on riding properly. I might have to attempt interval training on the bike much like I would when running.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. I was planning on a track workout and still might do just that. It is supposed to rain though. If I don't do that, then I'll definitely go out for a long run. I'm not going to let the rain dampen my workout plans, but not sure I want to run fast on a track in the rain. Either way, it should be a productive way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment