Monday, June 15, 2009

Taper Time

Today was an easy day as I taper for this weekend's 5-K. I ran the Schuykill Banks loop and did so at an easy pace. The weather was nice and cool and it was a relatively relaxing run after two days off.

I was surprised that I was a little sore when I first started out. That diminished quickly though. I tried to keep a slow pace and my knee actually started bothering me a little. I bought a watch last week and timed myself for the first time today. I ran the first half out in a 9:29 rate.

On the way back, I didn't push but I did increase my stride. That was a big help and I did the second half at 9:13. That's including the uphill finish. I ran that part slow too and actually found that it is as difficult or more difficult than when I really push it uphill.

Tomorrow will be an off day and Wednesday will be my last run before the race on Saturday. Wednesday will be another short and easy one. I'll probably just go to Girard Avenue and back. I should be well rested come Saturday. One thing that has me worried is the temperature is supposed to rise on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't do so until the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment