Saturday, March 19, 2016

Weak Week

I knew it would be a struggle to find time to run this week.  I didn't think it would be as bad as it was though.  I didn't run yesterday and only had 25 miles coming into today.  Almost was going to watch basketball instead of running, but the only game on was terrible.  I didn't have a lot of time, so I headed to Jacobsburg for 5 miles.

It was fairly chilly out today.  Still, I wore shorts.  On the top, I wore my shell.  I was sweating a bit by the end, but overall somewhat comfortable.

I wanted to park in the far lot and run around Sober's Run.  That lot was full though.  Instead, I went to the main lot.  Since I was there, I'd run Henry's Woods and then up to the open field section.

I cruised along, feeling decent early.  It was nice along the creek.  I passed a family of walkers early on.  There were a lot of walkers and dog walkers today.

I didn't look at my watch until .98 miles into it.  I ran up the hill.  My breathing was labored, even though I was going easy.  I battled on up the climb.  There were a couple dogs near the top.

It was kind of a slow go though.  My shin was bothering me a bit.  The softer trail surface did help, but I'm still sore.  The next time I looked at my watch, it was only 1.8 miles.

At least most of the way back toward the lot was downhill.  I moved along.  I didn't care much for the open field, other than when I could see the AT's mountain.  I got back near the main lot after 3.5 miles.

I needed more miles, so I climbed up behind the new building.  That uphill was tough.  I kept running though.  I couldn't wait until the ridge.  Things got much better on that part.

I had fun running over all the roots and on the soft trail.  My legs felt good again.  I wish this section was longer.  I got to mile 4 and headed to the other side of the creek.

I took my watch off and ran on back.  There were some more dogs along the path.  They always seemed to want to either run with me or attack me.  Before I knew it, I was back to the end of the Henry's Woods path.  I was a bit over 5 miles when finished.

I was glad to get out there and get something done.  I wish my shin would get better.  I guess rest could help, but I don't want to rest.  I'll have to see about getting on more trails.  If I could run softer surfaces, that could be a big plus.

Tomorrow, I'd like to run somewhere.  I'm going to watch at 5K in the afternoon, so I have to run before or after that.  I'd like to go to Trexler.  A solid 11 miles there would be nice.  It should be chilly again too.

5.1 miles - 47:41 (9:21 pace) 345 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment