Saturday, March 5, 2016

D&L Farmersville w/ Kristin

I needed to run early.  I headed to the D&L at Farmersville to run with Kristin at 7:30 in the morning.  The plan was an easy 5 miles.  My easy right now is much slower than Kristin's easy.

I didn't have tights, so I wore sweatpants.  It was in the 20s, but got warmer.  I was a little hot by the end.  I had my shell on over a long sleeve shirt.  I had my headband and gloves on and off.

We started off heading west.  That would be with the sun at our backs.  This stretch is very pretty and kind of isolated.  If my legs weren't often weak here, I might run here more frequently.

Kristin was great company.  She pulled me along faster than I'm used to.  My breathing was labored.  Some of that was probably the faster pace and some just morning running.  That is something else I'm not used to.

We talked about plenty of running.  Normally, I don't look at my watch much when in conversation during running.  However, today I was huffing and puffing and ended up looking a lot more.  It was hard to breath and talk.

As we got to Freemansburg, we came to two geese.  They hissed, but moved out of the way.  We continued along.  We passed another young lady running the other way.  Then, shortly after that, we turned to head back.  It was now 2.5 miles.

This did go by fairly fast.  It was certainly quicker than 2.5 miles would be on my own.  We ended up passing the young lady a short time later.  Then, we came to the geese.  This time, they blocked the trail and were making noise.  I just went around them.  Kristin slowed and stayed behind me and ran briefly with the other girl.

We continued on.  I felt more and more like death.  I was thrilled to get to 3.5 miles.  Then, finally mile 4.  I told Kristin how I was struggling.  She was a good cheerleader.  She gave me a pep talk.  That helped.  She circled back to me once too.

I was happy to nearly be done.  The last mile I had to slow a bit.  I couldn't keep up with Kristin.  I ran on the road briefly to get to mile 5.

This was a solid 5 miles.  It allowed me some recovery too.  Hopefully my legs can feel good tomorrow.  The plan is to run long again tomorrow.  Maybe I'll be able to get 15 miles in.  I have no idea where I'll go.

5 miles - 41:42 (8:21 pace) 55 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment