Sunday, December 22, 2013

Super Warm Sunday

A week or so ago, it was below 20 degrees.  Now, today it climbed into the 60s.  It was almost too warm actually.  I headed out for a short Sunday afternoon run of 5 miles.  I came back from the first LVRR Ice Scraper Series race (which I took photos) and went for a run around my neighborhoods.

I headed out with shorts and short sleeves.  It was very foggy and there was a lot of moisture in the air.  I was soaked by the end of the run.  It was kind of challenging.

I decided to run the big loop in the other neighborhoods.  I knew that was around 5 miles in length.  There are a few semi difficult hills, but it is fun. 

My legs weren't sharp at all after 2 runs on Saturday.  They seemed a little beat up for this easy run.  I plugged along and didn't worry about times.  It was so relaxing running in the great weather.  The run flew by.

The air was so muggy that it actually made breathing difficult at times.  Visibility could be tough too, so I was glad I was on quiet neighborhood streets.  The weird thing is that at the top of a hill the temperature was like 10 to 20 degrees different from the bottom.

My legs got better as the run wore on, but they were never great.  I was thrilled to be done because I was sweating by the end of it.  It was good to get some miles in to start the week.  Even without much effort, I ran mostly sub 8 minute miles.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to run twice.  I'll probably do an afternoon run of double digits.  Then at night, it looks like we are doing a Christmas Lights run in Nazareth.  That should be a fun and easy group outing.  I look forward to it.

5 miles - 39:34 (7:55 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment