Friday, December 20, 2013

Finally Something

Today and yesterday were among my busiest work days ever.  Basically, I worked 23 hours in a 34 hour period.  I had few breaks and little time to even sleep.  If would've brought my shoes to work, I might've been able to sneak in a few miles, but that would've been it.  I had no other time to run.

Even though I'm dead tired, I still had to get a run in tonight after I was finally done with work.  In the challenge that I'm doing, I'm at 199 miles.  I naturally wanted to get over 200, so I decided on a short run.  I figured it would be around the neighborhood and only 3 miles.

The weather was great for a winter night.  It was still in the low 40s.  I wore shorts and a jacket over a short sleeve shirt.  The legs were slightly chilled by the end, but not too bad.  With the snow and Christmas Lights visibility was good as well.

I planned to start out at my house, but then run loops in the school parking lot.  That is because I had on black clothes and that would be dangerous on the street.  I ran a short out and back on my street to gain some extra distance before heading over to the school.

As I started at the school lot, I looked down and saw that it was only .4 miles into the run.  I ran one loop there and got tired of it.  I didn't want to run 9 more to complete the run, so I went to the other neighborhood on the other side of the school. 

I figured that I would run the short circle around it.  I did that once and looked at my watch and it was only 1.61 miles.  These short runs sometimes feel like they take forever.  I was starting to get lightheaded.  Clearly, my overall tiredness was really starting to kick in.  I couldn't do much more than 3 miles on this evening.

Not only did I do the loop, but I ran out and back on a connector road.  I went out until I hit mile 2.  Both of the first 2 miles were run at 9:00.  I started a second loop here and a dog was barking at me.  I was glad he was gone when I passed by him later.

After that loop, I ran back to the school and wanted to finish up in the parking lot.  I had to do that because I didn't take a headlamp and that was the only place I could see at.  I ran a few of the shorter parking lot loops to finish up with 3 miles and go over 200 miles for the challenge.  It is good to be that far.  I'm hoping I can hit 300 miles by the end of the year.

Tomorrow, I'm looking to get my miles back on track.  I think where the BCR is going to meet is going to be sloppy.  Therefore, I'm probably going to run on my own.  I also need to sleep in.  I'd love to run 15 miles.  Whether that is 15 miles straight or 10 miles and 5 miles later, I don't actually care.

3 miles - 26:33 (8:51 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment