Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Schoeneck Progression

Today was a solid 4 mile progression run around Nazareth.  I ended with the last ten minutes at a moderate pace and most of it was up the wonderful hill that is Schoeneck.  The weather was good, but my body didn't feel great.

The start was easy (effort wise) as I cruised around town.  I started off with some hills, so the beginning was a little slow.  I ran from the high school basically to the circle, to the pool and back to the high school.  That put me at around 2.6 miles.

My legs still didn't really come in at that point, but I pressed on anyway.  The hill was tough for a change because I was pushing the pace.  I kept going though and it became very rewarding.  This is the first time I've run any hills at speed since I did some hill repeats there a few months back.

I didn't quite get to the very top before turning around and heading back down, but I was close.  I had run 3.8 miles at that point and wanted a brief downhill portion.  I cruised for the last .2 miles.  It was a good workout.

I just haven't felt that great in the last week or two.  I had too many trips to the bathroom before this run.  My legs are feeling a little sluggish.  Hopefully, it is just a rut in the middle of training.  I'm at that point in this training cycle where I'm far from the start, but still not close enough to the finish line yet.

The rest of this week worries me too.  I have a double session tomorrow with a fartlek run in the AM and the LVRR group run in the PM.  Friday is a short run and Saturday is a 9 mile long run.  This will be my first 6 straight day running week since before I got sick.  If I don't feel good next week, I might have to back off a bit.

In addition to the group run tomorrow, I'm looking forward to the meet and greet at the clubhouse.  I've met a few of the leaders of the LVRR, but I'd like to get to know more of them.  Maybe we'll get a good turnout for the group run too.

4 miles - 34:41 (8:41 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment