Friday, September 30, 2011

Easy and Cool Morning Run

I finished up my weekday runs this week with an easy morning 4 miler at the Nor-Bath Trail.  I was hoping to get up earlier, but I ended up starting after 9.  That caused me to miss some of the Paul Short Invitational Cross Country meet at Lehigh.

With all the rain we had the other day, there was quite a bit of washout on the trail.  It was certainly runnable, but a lot of the gravel was gone.  Some maintenance crews were working on it. 

The weather was sunny and nice and cool for a change.  I didn't have to sweat so much.  I ran along at an easy pace.  I just mainly focused on my form.  My legs definitely weren't as strong as I would've liked to, but luckily it was an easy run.  I was able to get through it.  I ran a fairly consistent pace.

After the run, I did do my 8X8 second hill sprints.  I ran them on a hill in the other neighborhood.  The hill wasn't as steep as I thought though.  There are plenty of hills around, but not as many that are as steep as they seem when driving on them.  Last week's hill sprints were on more of an incline and thus a bit harder.

I took an ice bath after the run too.  This time I did it right.  My legs were freezing, as they should be.  Usually I put it too much water.  It is tough to sit there with a lot of ice though.  It was great for recovery.

Tomorrow is a 10 mile long run.  It'll be good to get into double digits.  I'm likely going to run in the AM with the Breakfast Club Runners.  This time, I think I'll run out and back with them and then do another out and back.  That way I don't run as much of it alone as I did last week.  It'll end up being a second straight 35 mile week.  I'm very happy where I'm at.

4.09 miles - 36:59 (9:03 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment