Thursday, September 29, 2011

Faster Group Run

I didn't feel good this morning.  My legs were sore.  I've just been doing too much running lately.  Because of that, I skipped my morning tempo run.  Instead, I just ran with the LVRR Group this evening.

It rained most of the day, but cleared up nicely for the run.  Thankfully, we had a couple faster guys running this week.  The fastest guy was interesting.  Another guy, I convinced to come during a chat on Wednesday.  We started off on a brisk pace towards Fish Hatchery Road.  It was a bit tough for me early, because I'm used to starting off slow and picking it up.  Plus, it started with an uphill early on.

After we hit the road, I decided that we should go a little longer and head up the trail past there.  We did that and then looped around back.  There was another serious climb by the Route 78 bridge.  We ended up passing some of the group that had turned around earlier.  Before we got to the clubhouse, we the guy from the chat dropped back a bit.

After getting to the clubhouse, we decided to go farther.  We crossed the bridge there and then looped around to the Robin Hood Bridge.  We then had to stay on the road because some of the path was partly flooded.  The route ended up being a little over 5.5 miles.

It was good having some people to talk with and to run faster with than the last couple weeks.  The group is growing too and that's great to see.  We are also getting repeat running.  I'm glad everyone is happy with how it is going so far.

This route ended up having a lot of hills.  The early hills seemed to take their toll on me.  I had more left it the tank, but I was quite worn out considering the pace wasn't that fast.  Maybe the miles I've been running lately have taken their toll.  Either way, it was good and productive effort.  I'm actually glad that I didn't run hard this morning.

Tomorrow is an easy run.  I have to get out there early because I am heading to Lehigh for the Paul Short Invitational.  It features some of the top colleges in the country and some of the best high schools around.  The girls HS race will be great with some of the top runners in the state competing.  I'm hoping to get some good photos.  I just wish my Nazareth team was in it.

5.59 miles - 47:39 (8:31 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment