Monday, April 12, 2010

Too Much Caffeine

I was a little sore when I woke up in the early morning. I elected to rest some more before going out for my run. I wanted to maximum my rest, so I decided to head out after work.

I was only doing an easy 4 mile run. Rather than waste time walking to the Art Museum or Lloyd Hall, I elected to start the run at my apartment. By the time I got to the Art Museum, it was already half a mile. At Lloyd Hall, I hit a mile.

I headed out on Kelly Drive. At mile 1.5, things got interesting. Before the run, I ate a Hershey's bar. I also ate a few Sport Beans. That gave me a caffeine high at this point in the run. My head was really messed up and it was hard to run. I was wondering if I'd even finish. If I wasn't going so short, I might've quit the run.

Turning around at 2 miles didn't help. It wasn't until I hit 2.5 miles that I started getting a little better. I still never fully recovered, but felt much better later in the run. I ran back down Spring Garden and finished a block from my apartment. It was great to be done.

I nearly caught a runner from behind at one point. He saw me coming up though and took off. Of course, he quit the run before I even caught up to him. I wasn't trying to race him, especially with how weird I felt. His speeding up was just annoying.

My body was only mildly sore. I felt pretty good. My legs were completely fresh, but they weren't hurting either. I was mostly recovered.

I'm actually going to be running in only about 8 hours. I have a hard fartlek scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I feel strong. I look forward to it as I always do on speedwork days. The weather should be pretty good.

4 miles - 33:34 (8:24 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment