Monday, April 5, 2010

Chick-fil-A Run

Normally I don't like to run after a meal. I've been doing a good job of eating light before one, if I do eat. Today, I was just too hungry after work though. Not only did I eat, but I ate a chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A.

Normally, they suggest to hold off on running until 2 hours after eating. It was only an hour and a half and I felt terrible. I knew I was only doing a four miler though, so I figured I'd get through it. Of course I did.

I started at Lloyd Hall and ran to the Art Museum and onto West River Drive and back. I ended up turning around just by the normal 5K turnaround. In addition to the food I ate, there were a couple other problems. First, I decided to carry my Five Fingers along in a small backpack. That added some weight and made it a little tougher. I also ran at dusk, so there were a lot of bugs.

The bugs made breathing tough, as I didn't want to swallow any. I actually had to do that yesterday. One flew at my eye during this run, I managed to close the eye in time and wipe it off of my face.

My legs were a little sore, but not too bad. It was definitely a good thing that I rested though. I figured they would be sore, so I that's why I elected to run after work. The run wasn't fun, but I survived.

After the run, I did some strides and other drills in the grass near Lloyd Hall. The catch was that I used my Five Fingers though. It is the first time I did any sort of running in them. It felt pretty good. The grass is actually uneven and dead in spots, but I managed. I hit a couple rocks and my feet were sore after each impact. After the run, my toes are a bit sore now. That seems like a good way to work them into running though.

Tomorrow is a speed workout. I really love those because I focus so well on short term, the next interval. It makes them go by so fast and makes running along the same route, much less boring. It should be a fun, but challenging run on a beautiful morning. I will get out in the morning this time!

4 miles - 32:27 (8:07 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment