Friday, April 2, 2010

Finishing Up 50

I got up early this morning, but still elected to run after work. I ran an easy 5 miler. I started with the Schuykill Banks loop and finished with a short out and back on Kelly Drive. I added 10 hill sprints to conclude the workout. That got me to 50 miles of running again this week. I haven't done that in over a month.

I do really like running at night. It's just so much more peaceful to me. Without seeing my watch as easily, I controlled my pace better. I kept it nice and slow on the first mile. The weather was nice and cool as well.

I had to go to the bathroom before the run, but the bathrooms at Lloyd Hall were locked. I hoped I could run it off. Just after two miles, I realized I wouldn't be able to. I then went behind an old bridge pier along the path. That was a good rest, but after that it was uphill.

My legs are still a little sore, but overall they felt pretty good today. The slower pace probably helped them recover better. I didn't think this would be the case after being on my feet for 7.5 straight hours at work today. I didn't get a break, so I was a little sore. I guess the half hour or so off my feet after work helped.

I ate a tuna hoagie after work. I was happy that it didn't bother me when I was running. I felt quite good. Overall, my body felt about as well as I'd expect at the end of a long week. I was even hungry to run again afterward. I continue to think about 80+ mile weeks. It would be nice to rest tomorrow, but I do have an 8 hour shift now. I'm not running though.

After my run, I ran into a couple guys that were asking about the loop and area around there. It turns out they are running the loop 12 times tomorrow. It is an ultramarathon that I saw before. There is no real organization to it and no fee to enter. I'm tired of running the loop though, so I'd never want to run that. I wish I would've actually asked them more about ultras.

I am off on Easter Sunday. I'll be running my first 20 miler of this training plan. I'm going to park near Falls Bridge. I will start by running the tough hilly section of Forbidden Drive. I'll then add the loop as needed. I need some hills on long runs because this marathon will be quite hilly (even though it is downhill).

5.01 miles - 40:31 (8:06 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment