Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Slow Down

After yesterday's double session, I went out for an easy 10 miler. When I woke up, my legs seemed a little tight. I slept a little longer and then felt pretty good when I got up again. It was too late to run by then though, so I ran after work.

It was probably a good thing that I did that. My legs felt quite stiff early on. I was sluggish. Some of it might've been the double workouts yesterday and some of it might've been standing on my feet for five hours at work. Usually I rest a little after work before I run. Today, I went straight out though and starting running at the Art Museum.

Although it didn't feel too quick, I definitely went out to fast. Kelly Drive is now packed with people and it is hard to hold back and not pass people. Even without thinking about it, I naturally run towards the people ahead of me.

I wore compression sleeves and was a little hot as the run wore on. I was glad I had them on as I turned around and hit shaded West River Drive. By Falls Bridge, I was fairly tired and finally slowed to a more realistic pace. I felt good and got into a rhythm.

Again, I sped up when I saw a cute girl in front of me though. Other than that, it was pretty quiet and uneventful through that stretch. West River Drive is always much calmer than Kelly Drive. I cruised on back to the Art Museum nice and easy.

I finished up the run by heading onto Kelly Drive again for half a mile. Of course it was very crowded in this section again. This time, I used it run faster and finish strong. I had a nice closing mile. It was a solid 10 mile run, although I feel a bit beat up.

Tomorrow, I have off again. I'm heading to the Mass of Chrism in the early morning. After that, I'm going out for an 8 mile trail run. I'll likely head up to Wissahickon again. I haven't ruled out Valley Forge or anywhere else though either. I still have two more days of running left this week and I'm already approaching 40 total miles.

10 miles - 1:15:32 (7:33 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment