Friday, March 19, 2010

Easy Eight

This evening, I headed out for an easy eight mile run. I wanted to get up early and run in the morning before work. I was up too late watching the NCAA tournament though. Instead, I went for a run in the dark, after work. The weather was nearly perfect (in the upper 60s).

After a few miserable days last weekend, this week has had amazing weather. I did take it easy, but because of the excellent conditions, I might've been pushing it a little faster than I should've. Since I'm getting kind of bored running on Kelly Drive, I started at the Art Museum and ran along West River drive. I then ran to Lloyd Hall, to nearly finish the loop.

My legs were still a bit sore from the brutal hill workout the other day. My quads have especially taken a pounding lately. Hopefully they'll heel up a bit before Sunday's race. My right hamstring was pretty sore too. I was very pleased that my IT band didn't bother me at all though.

One thing that was annoying, was all the people without lights on their bikes. West River Drive isn't well lit, but I saw 4 bikes pass without lights. I was glad a few others that passed later on did indeed have lights.

I definitely don't feel like a ran hard. The pace felt comfortable, but it quick. The last mile and a half were tough on my sore legs, but I was able to speed up too. I definitely haven't gained speed with layers being removed. The injury time off I took recently, seems to have reduced my endurance. I'm still ready for the half marathon though.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going down to Delaware to pickup my race packet and run part of the course. I'd like to run the hilly segment. I need to actually take it very easy this time though. I will also drive the part of the course that I don't run.

8 miles - 1:00:13 (7:31 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment