Saturday, January 9, 2016

Short Mill Race Park Run

After not running for over 10 days, I made it back to back runs.  With 6 miles yesterday, I wanted even less today.  I decided to make it a late afternoon run at Mill Race Park.

It rained earlier in the day.  It was another miserable, 40 degree or so day.  That said, it was still warm enough for the same attire as yesterday.  I had on shorts, a short sleeve shirt and shell. 

I started off heading toward Tatamy.  The legs had an immediate "ouch" factor.  The upper quads were very sore.  I hoped it would get better, but it didn't.

I passed another runner heading the other way.  I just cruised along.  The pace was slow, but I was moving.  It might've been nice along the creek, if it wasn't so dreary out.

I figured the best way to do the planned 4 miles was one mile out and back in each direction.  I went past the end of the path and to the park.  I headed along the road just briefly and turned around.  It was now back toward Mill Race Park.

This mile back was uneventful.  It was still slow and the soreness didn't end.  I just moved along.  It was good to get back to the park, but really I needed the run to end.

I headed the other direction, toward Penn Pump Park.  There were more people on this part of the trail.  I saw a guy walking a cute, little dog.  I said "hi" to it.  I later passed some people looking over a foot bridge. 

I was really struggling with the soreness.  I knew I had to get a mile out though.  Finally, I did.  Still, I was slogging along.

Heading back was tough too.  I just looked at my watch over and over.  I saw two women running.  One had shorts on.  I was glad to see that someone else actually running in shorts.  She was the only other one all day. 

I passed the dog again right before the park.  I ran on the trail along the park.  I then finished up at mile 4 and walked back to the car.

It was good to be done with the run.  It wasn't a great run, but I finished it.  With the soreness, I guess I have to be careful how much I run.

I won't run tomorrow.  However, I'm hoping to run with Angie on Monday.  It would be great to get back on the trail.

4 miles - 34:57 (8:44 pace) 56 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment