Friday, December 11, 2015

Nor-Bath Afternoon Run

After a day off, I wanted a Friday run.  I have a busy weekend ahead and I'm not sure if I'll run at all.  I wanted to run at Tammany, but decided against it, since it is bear season.  Instead, I headed to the Nor-Bath Trail.

It was already late afternoon, so I figured on just a 5 miler.  This weekend is supposed to be record warmth and I thought today was too.  However, the sun wasn't out, so it was a bit chilly.  Still, I wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  I can't complain about that and I was sweating by the end.

I started off at Bicentennial Park.  I didn't want to cross Airport Road.  I thought about heading each way, but opted to just go toward Northampton for as far as I could tolerate.

I started off nice and easy.  Pace didn't matter at all.  I was breathing a little heavy, but not too bad.  I was chewing gum.  I passed a walker early on.

I was happy to get over the road with no issues.  I cruised along.  I was enjoying myself so much that I even noticed a building past one of the bridges.  I had never seen that before when I was running hard.  The trail was a little muddy, but overall it was great.

I nearly caught a slow runner, but he turned around.  I crossed the next road.  After that, I came to some youngsters messing around.  They were climbing and playing with some branches.  I ran through the neighborhood.

I ran to 2.5 miles and turned around.  I was getting to a crappy section anyway.  I felt slow as I went up the hill.  The kids were gone when I got back there.  There is a dog park by the road crossing.  It was packed.

I headed back cruising along.  I crossed both roads again with no issues.  I was surprised by the pace.  I also passed a lady running the other way.  She said hello in an overly friendly way.  I acknowledged her, but continued on. 

I noticed my watch seemed like it might be off slightly.  I approached the park and got to the starting point around 4.85 miles.  I ran to mile 5 to finish up.  It was at least close.

This wasn't a great run, but at least it was a run.  It was good to get out there and get it done.  I'm over 20 miles for the week, which has been rare lately.  I'd like to run tomorrow, but I'll be pretty busy with work and watching football.  Maybe I can run right near here.

5 miles - 39:49 (7:58 pace) 140 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment