Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Drizzle Dark Palmer Trail Run

I was busy working and then followed that up by slacking.  I had not run since last week.  This was the second straight day of rain, so I almost didn't run again.  Finally, I got out there a little after 5 PM.

It was still drizzling during the run and pretty warm as well.  I had on my shell and was hot as the run went on.  I was definitely glad I had on shorts.

Since I didn't want to run much, I opted to just do 4 miles.  I parked off of 25th Street at a shopping center.  The plan was just two miles out and two more back on the Palmer Trail.  This starts off industrial and goes behind some prefab plant.  They had pieces labeled "Morris Street" on them.  I have no idea where that is.

I first looked at my watch after half a mile.  I was running nice and easy.  Even so, I was getting bored already.  I had to wait at the road crossing by the post office.  I didn't really have to stop at any other intersections.

When I got to the park along the trail, I came across a woman with two dogs.  I actually had not even noticed them until I was right there.  She was off to the side.  A short time later, I saw two lights on the trail.  I came up to them and it was another woman and her dog.  The dog had a light on too and I told the woman that that was neat.

I was approaching mile 2 at that point.  I couldn't wait to turn around, as I was so bored.  It seemed a lot more misty now.  I found that annoying.  Wearing my visor was making me hot too.  I was very happy to get to mile 2.

I continued to go nice and slow, as I turned and headed back.  I just focused on getting to mile 3.  Then, the last mile wouldn't be too bad.  Since the mist was annoying in my light, I took the light off my head and carried it.

I saw the woman and the dog with lights again.  The rest of the run was pretty uneventful.  I was happy to get back to the industrial area.  I finished up behind the shopping center at 4 miles.

It wasn't a great run or a fast one.  However, I did get out there and the conditions kind of sucked too.  At least I finally got some miles in.

Hopefully I'll run again tomorrow, but who knows.  Getting on the trails would be nice.  It is hunting season though, so I'd have to be careful.  I need some more runs at Tammany before the month is over.

 4 miles - 35:31 (8:53 pace) 90 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment