Monday, December 21, 2015

Night Nazareth 3 Miler

I actually ran two days in a row.  What a rarity.  I didn't have the energy to run during the day.  I had to let my heavy dinner settle in my stomach, but decided to head out after dark.

It was around 8 PM when I got started.  I didn't want a headlamp, so I opted to run on the sidewalks in town.  The plan was for just three easy miles.  That was all I could muster.

I wore a jacket to be visible.  It was quite warm, even that late at night.  The jacket probably wasn't needed.  I was sweating by the end.  Wearing shorts was great.

I parked in the circle and headed out to the high school.  I didn't feel great, but took it nice and easy.  I even was able to hold back, even though it was downhill to the school.  When I got to the school, it was buzzing with activity.

I was at about 1 mile at this point.  I decided to run down to the middle school and loop around it.  I ran a loop around the old parking lot that I used in high school.  Then, I ran around the middle school.  Since the school wasn't there when I was in school, I peered inside when I could.  There wasn't much to see.

I was over 1.5 miles as I looped around the school.  I had to be careful with all the cars that were picking kids up from some activity.  I ran on to the sidewalks where I could.

As I headed back, I took the road next to the elementary school into town.  This had some tough uphill.  I passed a woman and her daughter walking.  Most people were inside by now.  I hit mile 2 at the school and was now in the last mile.  As I looked at the watch, I knew I'd finish very close to where I had started.

I crossed over Broad Street and then turned on Main Street.  I headed to the YMCA, as I finished up.  I hit mile 3 right by the start of the circle.

It wasn't much of a run, but it was a run.  Any running I can get myself to do these days is a good run.  Running on back to back days is great.

Tomorrow, I'd really like to go to Mt. Tammany.  Who knows though, as it is quite the task for me to drag myself up there.  Two loops there would be great.

3 miles - 25:49 (8:36 pace) 132 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment