Wednesday, December 9, 2015

No Plan Run

I had a bad headache one of the last two days and just slacked the other day.  I almost didn't make it out until darkness, but did head out late this afternoon for this run.  I didn't have much daylight left, so I ran from home.  I had no plan of where to go.  I was just hoping for 7 miles.

It is still unseasonably cool.  It's more like early October weather than early December.  That made for perfect running conditions.  I went with a light long sleeve shirt and shorts.  That was a great choice.  It was orange, in case I was out a little after dark.  I had started at 4 PM.

I went down to the school.  I ran a loop around it.  I thought about doing loops until 7 miles, but I knew that would be boring.  Instead, I headed over to the neighborhood next to the school.  Even then, I really had no idea where I was going.  I was making it up on the fly.

I decided on an out and back on a dead end street.  That was good and it came back going uphill.  I was happy to be running a sub 9 minute pace, but really pace didn't matter.  I just cruised along.  I can't say I felt great or bad.

I decided to go out some more then.  There is this other small neighborhood that I sometimes go to.  This time, I ran it clockwise instead of counterclockwise.  I saw a dog walker and a woman walking.  It was cloudy out now. 

Heading back, I had to go uphill.  I was around 3.5 miles now and pretty happy.  I headed back toward the school.  I saw an Indian couple walking.  I've seen them a few times while out running or riding in this area.

I arrived back at the school after mile 4.  I decided on a couple loops around the school.  Darkness was creeping in.  I got bored after only about 2 loops.

I headed back to the other neighborhood and just ran around the circle.  I only did that once.  I think I was probably around 5.5 miles at that point.  I don't quite recall.

I figured I'd do some more running around the school.  Some times, I'd go in the back of the school.  Other times, I merely looped around the front.  After mile 5, I had to just keep moving.  My body wasn't hurting, but I was feeling weakened.  I just focused on mile 6.

It was good to get past that and continue looping around.  I had to avoid some cars picking up their kids at the school.  There was a dog walker in the grass.  I finished up at mile 7, as I went up the black path.

There was noting special about this run.  It was easy and 7 miles long.  It was pretty boring.  However, I got out there and got it done and got some exercise.

Tomorrow, I'd love to get to Tammany.  I need to put in 10 loops there before the year is over.  We'll see what I can do.  One loop doesn't sound bad, but two or three loops at a time doesn't interest me at the moment.  I do love running there, but it is quite the challenge.  There's no such thing as an easy day there and I need easy days now.  That's about all I can muster.

7 miles - 58:58 (8:26 pace) 44 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment