Sunday, December 20, 2015

Light to Dark Run

I haven't run in over a week.  It was a combination of being lazy and also busy at work.  I almost didn't get out there today.  However, after some TV, I went around the neighborhoods.  It was nearly dark by then.

The plan was another short and easy 5 miler.  I wore a yellow jacket, gloves and a headband.  I had on shorts, even though it was about 40 degrees.  I was comfortable and took off the headband later.  I could've probably even taken off the gloves, but I didn't.

I ran across the road at the school.  A car actually stopped to let me cross, but there were cars coming the other direction.  I decided to run the shorter loop.  This was nice and easy.  It was still light out.  I figured that I had until about mile 3 before it would be dark.

This loop was done quickly.  I added on a short part.  However, I cut over a road before I wanted to.  I was around mile 2 now, as I headed back to the school.

I was nearing mile 3 when back at the school.  I felt kind of crappy and almost called it a day at 3 miles.  However, I pressed on.  I figured I could managed 2 more miles.

I decided to head to the neighborhood on the other side of the school.  I went out up a hill.  By now, it was getting dark and I had to be careful with cars around. 

I came back downhill.  I headed to the school.  I was approaching 4 miles now.  I then went over that and headed to the school.

I got back to the school in the darkness.  I had about 2/3 of a mile to go.  I looped around the school, using the lights of the parking lot to see my watch.  I finished up just after a loop.  I had 5 miles in the books.

This was a pretty bland run.  However, I'm happy any time I can get myself out for a run.  It is rare these days.

Tomorrow, I'd love to run again.  I really need to get to Mt. Tammany again a bunch of times before the end of the year.  Maybe I could do 2 or 3 loops there.

5 miles - 44:59 (9:00 pace) 36 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment