Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It's Been Awhile

Kelley and I haven't got together for a run since May.  I decided that I wanted to make sure that we didn't go too long.  Since I'm running easy this week, today was a perfect chance.  Rather than meet at the Nor-Bath Trail, we met at her house.

The weather was amazing.  It was actually chilly at my house.  Her house felt kind of warm, but still nice.  I went with a singlet.  That worked out good.  I was sweating a little, but not too much.

She has a little downhill in the neighborhood to get to the trail.  Then, we had to cross Savage Road pretty early.  I enjoyed this run because it was nice and easy.  I need to run this pace on my own every now and then.  The first mile was an 8:54.

We cruised along.  The combination of me not running hard and us not running in awhile had me chatting away.  She is going on a bunch of trips over the next few months.  While I wouldn't want to travel that much, I am jealous that she is traveling. 

The run just clicked by.  I didn't look at my watch often.  Mile 2 was an 8:48.  I enjoyed the run on such a nice day.  A few times, we had to move over for bikers, but there weren't many people on the trail.  Crossing Weaversville Road wasn't too bad.

We went toward Bicentennial Park.  Kelley suggested turning around at an upcoming fence.  Her watch was already around 3 miles.  Mine was like .2 mile short of that.  We ran until my watch hit mile 3.  That mile was run at 9:49.

This would be a nice 6 miler.  The miles again just flew by as we headed back.  Mile 4 was a 9:11 and mile 5 was an 8:57.  Crossing the roads wasn't too bad again and conversation made everything go by quickly.

Before I knew it, we were back to her neighborhood.  The uphill we had now wasn't actually much of an uphill.  I hit mile 6 right before her house.  That mile was a 9:09.

This was a nice and refreshing run.  It was slow, but just what the legs needed for recovery.  Catching up with Kelley was excellent too and made the run fly by.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to do a trail run.  I think I'm going to head to the Delaware Water Gap and run some cliff trails.  They sound pretty easy, with some great views too.  There is also a waterfall that I want to run to, right next to the parking area.

6 miles - 54:51 (9:08 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment