Saturday, May 17, 2014

Short BCR Run

I played it safe the last two days and took off.  I don't like to rest too much though.  My friend Kristin, who I've been trying to run with, was going to BCR.  I figured I could join her to run.

I got there and the group usually takes off right on time.  However, it was someone in the group's 2nd to last run with the group.  Therefore, everyone posed for pictures.  That was good because Kristin was a little late.  I would've waited for her anyway, since I was planning on running with her.

We started off about mid pack or farther back.  It was an easy run for both of us.  She's running a half marathon tomorrow and I'm doing a 50 miler.  The plan was to run 4 total miles.  That meant 2 miles out and back at the Route 33 Boat Launch.

With all the rain earlier, we ended up taking the high road.  That's almost a mile out until you get to the main path.  We cruised along behind Shayne and Ryan.  We joked about people that race frequently.  They turned back at 1.5 miles.

Kristin and I were on our own now.  We went out to mile 2 and around some dogs.  We then headed back.  It was a nice conversation.  The weather was actually perfect.  I wore long sleeves and was actually pretty comfortable. 

It wasn't long until we were done and back at the cars.  Since we started off slow, each mile ended up getting faster.  It was good to get the legs moving again.  They are pretty well rested for the 50 miler.  I could've prepared more, but it is what it is.

I am looking forward to the race.  I struggled to finish 50k in the fall, so 50 miles should be interesting.  I have to say that I'm not quite as excited as I should be.  Even though this is my longest race by far, it is just another race.  I'm sure the race will be painful by the end, but at least I know the beginning will be somewhat relaxing. 

4 miles - 33:51 (8:28 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment